Friday, August 26, 2011

Not Back To School Camp 2011, Day 5.

Day 5 of Not Back To School Camp

I woke up that morning...wait a minute. I've used the "I woke up" beginning for these last few posts, way too often...I'll try a new opening this time. Alright let me think. Something more creative...

I arose that morning (haha!) feeling rather tired and achy with a sore throat. I was greatly in need of a shower that day, so I jumped in the freezing shower right as the breakfast bell rang. I took a very fast shower then ran to breakfast while brushing the tangles out of my hair. I didn't eat much breakfast that morning since I wasn't feeling too well, then went over to the art cabin and made a fancy-sparkly-happy poster for my Fairy God Child and had Ian take it to his cabin.

We had Check-in and morning meeting (Check-In, by the way, happens in the morning and at night. They check in all the campers to make sure everyone is still here and safe and not being attacked by lions or something like that. ;-) ) Then we had Advisee meeting and we played this game. I can't remember what it's called, but it's like a mix of Pictionary and Telephone.  One person writes a short sentence and then they pass it to the person next to them and that person draws a picture of what the sentence says. Then they fold over what the first person wrote and pass it to the next person who looks at the picture and writes a sentence about what they think the picture is, and it goes on. So when we played I wrote "A fish in a cup with a spoon" and by the end it was "an alien escaping in a watering can". Hahaha but it was really funny but lots of fun.

Then I ran around camp and I got ready to go on Blake's hike. He had found a new trail that morning that lead to a cool place in the forest where you could see very far and he was taking some people out there to have lunch. I started to go, but I didn't realize how steep and long the hike was going to be so I turned around and went back to camp. I figured that I got poison oak on the bottom of my jeans since there was so much of it when I was walking around that when I got back a carefully changed clothes and put my jeans into a bag. I didn't get poison oak though, don't worry.

The Pool
I went over to the pool where everyone else was, and they were playing pool volleyball. It was lots of fun to watch them. I sat on the side and watched for a while, but it looked like so much fun that I ran and put my swimsuit on and joined them. It was SO much fun, and it turns out I'm not too bad at serving. At some point I made at least 5 points in a row with my serves. It was so much fun. I was on the underdog team, if you will. We had three players on the deeper end, and the other side had five players on the shallow end. So it would seem that the team with more players would easily be winning. Right? Nope.  We were winning for more than half the game. It's all thanks to Abbi. She was on the other side, but she kept talking and forgetting that we were playing so we kept getting loads of points because she kept missing. It was really really funny. We were all laughing so hard, even Abbi. I'd call it one of the best games of Volleyball ever.

After getting changed into my pink dress, there was a workshop slot so I went to Danielle's French workshop and learned a bit of French. It was very interesting and she did a great job teaching us. From then on whenever I say Emily (who was at the workshop too) I'd greet her in French. I'd yell "Salut!(hello) Cava?(how's it going)" to her across the room and she would yell back "Salut! Oui(yes)! Et vous(and you)?" and I'd yell "Oui" then "Revoir(goodbye)" and leave the room. Or when I started getting my cold, when she asked me how I was doing I'd say "comme ci, comme ça(eh so so). It was so much fun! 

We went down and ate lunch, then we were hanging out at the swings for a bit and I talked with Matt about books for a while. Then I saw Danielle and ran up to her and we talked for a bit. I told her about the silk flowers that I had brought so I ran up to my cabin to go get one, and when I came back Serena was talking with Danielle and she had a gift from my Fairy-God Parent. It was a feather necklace and I had Serena braid it into my hair. It looked lovely :) Matt also had Panda dye his hair blue, which looked more purple than blue.

You can't see the feather, but this
is how I braided my hair. :)
Then we had our first Women's Meeting, which was very interesting. Then we had dinner and I had my first night of babysitting Yared. He's so cute! We had enchiladas for dinner. Jake, Sage, Garret, Panda, and Arden had dinner with me and Yared and we had a lovely talk about weird laws while we ate. After we finished eating he got to eat his cough drop. Apparently, Yared loves cough drops. He took me to his cabin and got his "hippie bus" then we went and played the piano for a bit until it was time for Nighttime meeting. So Yared and I walked over to Uncle Dell's and sat down in the back until Grace came and took over watching him.

Next was Trust Circle. It was intense. So what happens is everyone gets three beads and stands in a circle. Then one person walks into the center of the room puts their bead into a basket and makes a statement. Then anyone else who agrees with that statement can step forward. So I could say "I'm Rhanna, and I like cookies" and everyone else who likes cookies steps forward. Except it was much darker and sadder than just liking cookies. At then end I think most people were crying (including myself). After a bit of crying and hugging,  most of us went over to the Lodge to have tea and brownies, and of course chocolate brownies helps everyone feel better. I got "Bedtime tea" in my clothes-pin mail that day so I drank that while I had my brownie.

The couches in the Lodge
that are very comfy!
 Then I went over to sit on the couch where Josh and Joel were playing music and I wrote about the day. Matt and Jake sat down next to me, and we drank our tea, talked and listened to music. It was fantastic and so relaxing, I could do it every night. I stayed up talking and listening to music till about 12:20 then I got ready for bed, and went to sleep.

and THAT was day 5.
~Rhanna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment