Thursday, August 25, 2011

Not Back To School Camp 2011, Day 4.


Back to write about day four:



I woke up a bit later than the last few days because I stayed up late the night before. I woke up around 8:20am, made some tea and went to go read for a bit. I read a bit of Tamora Pierce's "Tortall and other Lands."  Quite a good book so far.
  Ben and Robert came and said hello then went over and joined Abbi who was doing early morning yoga. More people woke up and we all went and had breakfast. French toast, sausage, fruit, oatmeal, and cereal.  I had the GF french toast and sausage.

We went over to hang out in front of Uncle Dell's and Matt and I tried to play Ping pong but I was terrible so Jake went after me and I watched. I ran up to my cabin real quick and got some of my cold medicine because my throat was starting to hurt. Then we went in for morning meeting and I sat in one of the stacked chairs and I had a GREAT view of the room. Had a regular morning meeting and it was announced that Assassin and Fairy God Parent/Child were starting today. I went and took my cold stuff then went and picked my Fairy God Child. I decided not to play Assassin this time.
Assassin, for those of you who don't know, is a game. Everyone who wants to play Assassin puts their name into a bowl and the next day everyone picks a name. So let's say that I'm playing Assassin. I'll pick a name and I have to go up to that person and tell them "you're dead" but I can't whisper it and no one else can hear me say it. If I successfully do that, then I get that person's piece of paper with the name of the person that they were trying to get and I take the paper and try to go get that next person and the game continues until there are only two players left who have each other's name. So then it's only them trying to get each other and who ever "kills" the other person first wins the game.
Fairy God Parent/Child is another, much nicer, less deadly game. It starts out the same as Assassin. Everyone who wants to play puts their name into a bowl and the next day everyone picks a name. So, again I'll use myself as an example. After choosing a name, I secretly do nice things to my "fairy god child" like make a poster saying "have a nice day" and have someone go put it up in their cabin or another place where that person will see it. Or send them gifts through other people, or give them nice letters in their mail, or just send people to go hug them. And you usually keep everything a secret from that person. 
So after morning meeting I went with Jules and Arden and finished moving the wood chips into place and then we went to Advisee group where I taught them to sing the song 'Robin Redbreast' by Music Together and we sang a few other songs and did check in.
I had my workshop that day. I was teaching how to make Needle-felt Pumpkins. While I walked up to my cabin to get my stuff Matt followed me so that no one could get him at Assassin. He followed me around or had me stick close to him pretty much all day, which was really funny.
At one point, one of the campers Ben all of the sudden started running down the hill with his hands over his ears, yelling and screaming and all of us were like "what just happened." Turns out he was running away from the person who was trying to kill him in Assassin. Then once we got why he was running and yelling we all started laughing. It was hilarious! It also seemed like a lot of the people playing Assassin had bodyguards, and I was used to protect a few people. one camper would run up to me and throw her arm around my shoulders and have me walk her to where she was going so nobody could get her.  It almost felt like I was playing the game. hahaha!
While I was up at my cabin I grabbed the bottle of bubbles that I brought and I grabbed my bag of supplies for my workshop. I gave the bubbles to Yared (Grace's son. he's 3 and super cute) and then I went into the Library where I was holding my workshop. Danielle, Matt, and Kione came to my workshop, and I think it went very well! I told a little history about Needle-felting and how it works. Matt decided to make a planet with his wool, but Danielle and Kione made cute pumpkins. It was lots of fun!
After I finished I ran up and put my stuff away, and went and helped a tiny bit with some work-trade until lunch. We had chili for lunch and it was VERY good and had a lovely conversation with the people at my table. Then I hung out on the really comfy sofa in the Lodge, talking and stuff like that until Siesta and then I called Mom. I was really missing her that day. 
I was supposed to  have my first day of Babysitting Yared, but he slept through the whole time that I was supposed to watch him. Dad came by and we took a hike up to the Watering hole, which was really nice, and I told him all about camp and everything that had happened. When we got back they had started the Teen-to-Adult panel that I voted for us to have earlier that morning, and Dad and I listened to it. They were talking about what it's like moving out and living with other people and stuff like that. 
Dad left and I had a lovely dinner of Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Soy-free Lasagna and garlic bread with GF carrot cake for dessert. and I had a lovely conversation during dinner though what it was about I can't remember. 
We went to nighttime meeting, and while we were waiting for Grace and the rest of the Staff to come a few girls started doing this hilarious dance and when the Look-out ran in saying Grace was coming, we all broke out into Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Then we were all laughing really hard.
 After meeting we had some more workshops. I went to Retta's Israeli dance workshop and it was awesome! I left half-way through because I was feeling very tired that night, but I went back and they had just finished learning this really cool dance, so I jumped in and learned the next one which was amazingly fun. I call it the Kiss Kiss dance. We did that until it was time for the 2nd Talent Show which was being held in the Lodge with Sage as MC (Mistress of Ceremonies).
Robert played his wonderful Native American flute, Roxy showed us her fashion design drawings which were great, Serena sang a song and played guitar, Matt S. and Abbi told hilarious stories for Moth Radio, and Ben did an amazing improv dance to a song. At the end of his dance everyone was standing up and clapping and cheering. Then we walked down to the fire-pit and watched Daniel do Poi. That's the fire spinning. It was incredible. 
After the Talent show I went to Uncle Dell's to write a bit, but it was too crowded in there for me the really think so I walked back over the Lodge and it was much more quiet there so I sat down and wrote about the day. Danielle came and we wrote and talked a bit before I went to bed. I said goodnight to everyone, and told Matt to go to bed (he said he had been feeling like he was catching a cold earlier that day) and I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. I was so tired and I was really missing Mom that night so I was very happy to go to sleep.
and THAT is day four. Day 5 will be coming shortly :)
~Rhanna xxx
(P.S. sorry there are no captions for the pictures. Blogger wouldn't let me put any without messing up the rest of what I had already written. So I'll put them here. The first picture is the cover of the book I was reading, Then 2nd is me in front of my cabin, and the last one is a view that I took from the hike up to the watering hole. So lush! and the fourth one is Daniel doing poi.)


No comments:

Post a Comment