Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Not Back To School Camp 2011, Day 3

Day 3 of Not Back To School Camp:

I woke up early again because I was starving. Got dressed, very quietly, and went down to the Lodge and made a cuppa tea. Matt S. was up listening to the recordings he took last night during the jam. I sat next to him and listened for a bit, then took my tea and went and sat outside and wrote about last night.

The Lodge where we eat Breakfast, Lunch,
and Dinner. 
Then went and took a very fast shower. I walked back up to my cabin and grabbed my cloak because I was freezing after getting out of the shower. I did a bit more of drawing and I was joined by Serena and we talked a bit before breakfast. It was kind of fun watching everyone slowly wake up and tiredly walk over to the Lodge and get ready for breakfast. Blake came over and joined us and he and Serena talked about back-packing. I learned that Blake LOVES mac-and-cheese while he's hiking. lol!

We circled up before breakfast, and quite a few people liked my cloak. I ate breakfast with Matt, Sage, Danielle, and Panda and we had a lovely time talking over breakfast though I can't remember what we talked about.

The bell. They rang this
when it was time for any
sort of meeting.
After breakfast we went over and hung out at the swings for a bit until Advisee group.We each had three minutes to do what ever we wanted. I asked if we could play Ye-Haw again. And, I think it was Sydney, who had us sit in silence listening to the forest, which was really relaxing. I almost fell asleep.

When advisee meeting was over I went to do work-trade with Arden, Jules, and Macy. We were moving wood chips under a play area so it would be more safe.   I saw Dad's car parked and I knew that he must be somewhere, but we were further out and I knew he'd never find us. So I stared doing our family whistle. It's a special whistle that whenever one of us hears it we know another person in our family is calling us. So I'm whistling like mad. Cupping my hands around my mouth as I whistle, and Arden is like "what are you doing?" So I told him I was trying to call my Dad and he tried whistling along with me. Then Jules was whistling too. So all three of us were whistling, and STILL Dad didn't hear us. So I ran over and found him talking to Matt who was learning how to walk on the Slack line. I gave Dad a big hug and we walked over to where we were working and I showed him what we were doing, then he left and we finished our work.

I went to Abbi's Bookworms Unite! workshop, which was great! We all got to give a little reviews about books that we liked. It was so much fun, and we all agreed that we could have done it for hours.

We went and had lunch and then we finished work-trade. I called Mom during Siesta and then went to hang out at the swings with Matt and Sage. Matt was playing on the Slack line and I met Jake who was watching. I tried the Slack line with help, which was lots of fun. Sage, Matt, Jake and I all went swimming in the pool for a while. Sage didn't want to jump in at first, but when Garret started walking towards her, she jumped in. I grabbed a bunch of  noodles and floated around. It was so relaxing. Then the lifeguard on duty blew his whistle (very loudly) and we left and got dressed.

Then Matt, Sage, Jake, Galen, and I all hung out at the swings for a while, while most people went to a panel/talk with the staff that we weren't interested in. I don't know how it happened but everything that we talked about ended up being about food. Everything! We'd be talking about anything. At one point Galen said sticks. Sticks lead to fire, which leads to cooking, which leads to a conversation about steak. It was hilarious. After the meeting a few other people came out and joined us and we all hung out and talked until dinner.

The clothes pin mail. Everyone
has a clothes pin with their
name on it and you
can give that person
mail.
After dinner we went to Uncle Dell's for the nighttime meeting and the first talent show. There were some great acts! Jules did a trick with his Japanese Yo-yo, and Josh sang a song that he wrote. It was amazing! Then we all went to the Lodge and watched Galen do an awesome dance. We hung out at the Lodge and Matt and I gave lots of people mail on their clothes-lines.

Then is was time for Bonding night. Bonding night is AMAZING!
We started by circling up in front of Uncle Dell's and held hands and sang this song "Under the full moonlight we dance. Spirits dance, we dance. Joining hands we dance. Joining souls rejoice" and we did a Spiral dance into the room. It was amazing. Then we split up into groups of 5 people and did Appreciation circle. That's where 5 people sit down and they take a minute to tell one person what they like about them. It felt really nice having people say such wonderful things to me, and I liked telling other people what I liked about them.

Next was Eye Contact. We all stood up and closed our eyes and we were paired up with another person and we had to hold eye contact with them for a whole minute then we answered a question at the end of the minute. That one was some what tricky.

Then the last thing we did was Unconditional Love. That's where we are split up into two groups. One group stands with their eyes closed, and the other half walks around giving everyone a hug. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever done. Standing there with your eyes closed and having someone walk up, tap you on the shoulder, and give you a long tight hug. It fills your heart right up! After the first hug, I think I smiled through the whole thing. It just felt amazing. Then we switched around, and it was still so much fun giving everyone else hugs. You could see the smiles on their faces. After every hug I gave everyone's hand a quick squeeze. I think I hugged everyone at least twice.

I loved Bonding Night. If you ever go to Not Back To School Camp I highly recommend that you go to Bonding Night.

We then hung out in Uncle Dell's for a while. We did the laying-on-someone-else-while-having-someone-lay-on-you thing, and did another massage train, then I sat down to write about the day. While I was writing I saw a few people dancing, so I jumped up and learned how to dance with a partner. Arden taught me how, then I tried to teach Matt. It was loads of fun! I learned how to spin, and I tried to do a dip. But It was lots of fun dancing.
I stayed up until midnight I think, then I went to bed and slept like a rock. Again, another AMAZING day!


To be continued.... (sorry! couldn't resist saying that. lol)
~Rhanna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment