Friday, November 25, 2011

Not Back To School Camp 2011, Day 6.

Hello! I'm back to write about day 6. The 2nd to last day of camp

hanging out at the Swings.
By Dandy.
I got up that morning to find Matt, Robert, Ian, Arden, Jake, and Galen at the swings talking about near-death experiences (such a cheery topic). So I sat in one of the chairs there and listened to them talk while I woke up a bit more. I don't really have any near-death experiences, thank goodness. I've been in one car crash, so I told them about that. I felt like a concerned mother listening to these boys talk about how many times they almost died. Lol! Though I do think we ended up talking about food again in the end...hahaha!

Jules on the Silks.
By Ellie.
Abbi came over and did some yoga then she was playing on her aerial silks and she let me, Matt, and Jules try them. I couldn't pull myself up very high but it was still fun. Jules was awesome! He got up so high and did a few tricks.  The breakfast bell rang so we all went for breakfast. I was babysitting Yared again while I ate breakfast. He was very excited to see me that morning because "we had so much fun last night." So we ate breakfast together, then walked down to Uncle Dell's for morning meeting. I don't have very many notes about this morning so I can't give too much detail. Sorry!

Went to Advisee group and after that we all met up in Uncle Dell's for the trust circle debriefing. We split up into groups, then we talked about Trust Circle a bit more. Why we made the statements that we did, or what we thought about it all and what we were feeling. It was nice I think. We all had lunch and during Siesta and I called Mom and talked to her for a bit and told her about Trust circle and what had happened since I last called her.

Picking the music for Prom.
By Ellie.
 Abbi was selling perfume that she makes. I smelled lots of them and then I bought one! I bought her Floral mix which smells lovely and I was very happy that the first perfume that I bought was from Not-Back-To-School-Camp! I was short two dollars so when I saw dad next I asked for a bit more money. And I saw that Dandy was selling his patches and he had a cool patch that said "I 'heart' 'bicycle'", but I was out of money so I traded him one of my needle-felted pumpkins for a patch, which is really cool!

Then we had workshops. I went to Abbi's aerial silks workshop and tried the silks again. Didn't get too far but it was still lots of fun.  Abbi and I walked over to Uncle Dell's for the women's meeting and I let her try one of my PB cookies, which she loved.
During women's meeting we talked about body image and why we wear make-up and how it makes us feel and stuff like that. It was very interesting, but I had to leave about halfway through to go finish up my work-trade. The day before the other work-traders had taken apart an old shed and now we just had to move the wood and stuff from the wheelbarrows into a trailer. It wasn't too hard besides watching out for nails and splinters (nobody got any splinters don't worry). It took three of us to lift up this old water pump. It was  incredibly heavy but we did it! And then there was just one thing left at the bottom of the wheelbarrow: Fiberglass. So we got a big black garbage bag and put it on the front of the wheelbarrow and dumped it all into the bag, while breathing into our arms. I like to call fiberglass the "wool of doom"
Retta painting my face.
By Elena. 

Anyway after we finished doing that I walked back over to Uncle Dell's and Danielle was having Serena paint her face, so I sat down and was waiting for her to be done so she could do mine, when Retta offered to do mine. So we sat there and had our faces painted. It was amazing sitting there with a bunch of other girls painting our faces. I swear, I could do that every single day. It was amazingly fun!

We had Pizza for dinner that night, and they made a very good GF-DF pizza. It kinda tasted like polenta with pizza topping. Interesting, but still good. I sat with Jake and Danielle and we had a lovely talk (about what though I cannot remember. Probably about prom and we might have talked about Dumbledore at some point...)
Playing Tether-ball.
By Cierra.
There was a short break after dinner but before nighttime meeting so we where hanging out at the swings, while Alex and Arden played a HILARIOUS game of tether ball. Alex and Arden were smack talking while they played and there was a good sized crowd watching them and laughing. They played for a bit more then left and the rest of the crowd was just hanging out and we were talking and laughing, when all the sudden Ben comes racing down the hill in this crazy outfit. he runs, then dives into the hammock and pulls it tight around him and Cierra and I, have our mouths hanging open going "what just happened" so we run over and try to pull the hammock off but Ben won't let us, so we let him go and he races off again. It's was strangely hilarious.

We all left to go to nighttime meeting and the last talent show. Somehow we ended up singing Frosty the Snowman, which not many people knew the words too. So it started out and everyone was singing loud and happy and then we got to the part after "Frosty the Snowman" and it trailed off and failed. It was rather funny, but fun. We had a quick break before the Talent show. Alex and Matt (I think) were playing more Tether ball. As I was walking back I heard Ellie trying to remember all the lyrics to Frosty and I sang along with her and helped her (I hope I helped her) remember. Then we had the Talent show:

Emily was MC and she did a lovely job and she had a little information about each act that was coming up which made the whole thing sound very fancy, I think.

The Magic Show
Robby had a magic show! He needed three people from the audience to help whim with his trick. He also needed blindfolds, which he forgot to bring so some people threw their sweatshirts at him. So Robby, Blake, Matt, and Emily all had sweatshirts on their heads. And of course Robby couldn't see because he had a sweatshirt tied to his head, had to have Matt S. help him turn to the audience or to the table where he was doing his card trick. And the whole time Blake, Matt, and Emily are doing goofy things and everyone in the room was laughing so hard they had tears coming down their faces, I'm sure. Robby's card trick did work, and it was amazing! He had Blake, Matt, and Emily each pick a card (with shuffling in between each time they picked one) and he had them write down what card they got. And in the end they all had the same card (I think it was a 9 of Spades). I call it the BEST magic show ever!

Elena, Joel, and Josh.
Josh, Joel, and Elena played two amazing songs on guitar, Elena's chello and they sung. It was fantastic! Then Ellie sang Frosty the Snowman, the right way. and Retta did a beautiful dance.

Body Painting.
By Elena.
Then we had 45 minutes to get dressed and ready for prom.  I thought that was a lot of time, and I thought it would take me 5 minutes to get ready. It didn't. It took me more like 30 minutes to get ready. I ran up and put my dress and cloak (I think I scared a few people with my big cloak. I mean a dark figure swooping around and running towards you in the dark. a little scary if you didn't know it was me.) and then I was talking with all the other girls while they got ready. I was going to walk down to Uncle Dell's by myself, while they went to the bathroom to do make-up, but I stepped outside and I couldn't see anything. So I walked with them to the bathroom, borrowed someone's hair brush and gave my hair a quick brush, then walked over to Uncle Dell's where a few people were already hanging out waiting for the Prom committee to open the doors. Blake (who was being D.J.) turned on some music and everybody on the porch cheered and we started dancing, though it was hard because the porch was rather crowded now. I started speaking with a British accent to Jake, Galen and Ian (and they adopted accents too) because I was so excited. Lol!

Homemade Disco lights.
I ran over to the Lodge and a few other people were still getting their faces painted and getting ready. Matt had the idea to put different colors of paint in the water pitchers and then he put them on a table in Uncle Dell's and flashed a flashlight through them so they kind of looked like diso lights. It was a cool idea.

Mr. DJ Blake
 We waited in front of Uncle Dell's for a while until they turned all the lights off and opened the doors. The committee people had little flashlights and they guided us to one side of the room, then turned off the lights and it was totally dark. The excitement was building! Then they turned on the Christmas lights on the floor which they had shaped to look like a runway and everyone, one by one walked down the runway showing off their outfits, while a few people stood in front and took everyone's picture. Then we all were on the other side of the room, taking pictures until everyone had shown off their outfit. The Mr. D.J. Blake turned the music on. It was so loud and you could FEEL the music! It was incredible! Everyone cheered and we all started dancing and laughing and smiling and a few people who knew the lyrics to the songs were singing along.

Dancing!
I have never danced so carefree in a room with so many other people before. It was awesome. Jumping, twisting, hands up in the air, it was so much fun. I quickly took my cloak off. It got pretty warm in there. They played 4 or 5 fast dance songs then a slower song that was good for dancing with someone. I partner danced with a few people. Danielle, Panda, Sage, Matt, Arden, Ellie Tilke, and Blake. We danced fast and hard for like an hour and half I think.

Lots of people know the lyrics to almost all the songs, but there was only one song that I knew all the lyrics to: Love Shack by the B 52s. That was one of the songs that I brought. When that came on I was so excited and I tried to sing a long with it even though I had lost my voice. Jake knew the lyrics too so we danced and sang Love Shack together. Pure awesomeness. It was so much fun!

At some point Matt fell asleep. I don't know how he could sleep, it was all so exciting. He reminded me of Thane. He used to fall asleep in the funnest places. I put my cloak on top of him then went back to dancing. At around 1:00am Blake said we could dance for half an hour longer then prom would be over. So he played some slower songs since everyone was getting really tired. By that time there weren't hardly as many people in there as there were when we started. I was almost falling asleep. I wrapped myself up in my cloak and was sitting in a chair listening to music and watching a few other people dance. Then at 1:30am when it was over, I went to bed a crashed.

And That was day 6 and the BEST prom/dance EVER! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment