Friday, November 25, 2011

Not Back To School Camp 2011, Day 7.

YOUTUBE!
Hello! I am terribly sorry that I have been so lazy about writing. I have been....well lazy about writing. ;) And it doesn't help that FaceBook, and YouTube are SO distracting.

This is Day 7 (the last day) of Not Back To School Camp. :)

I woke up and sat in the sun while listening to Matt and Robert  talk about chess.  Jake and Galen came over and our conversation quickly changed into a conversation about food. Again. I think we were talking about a turducken at some point. And then we were talking about all the great food we have eaten while at camp. And then we talked about some of the best food we have ever eaten. Food is a very popular subject for teenagers.

The breakfast bell rang and all the talk about food had made us all very hungry. We had pancakes, sausage, oatmeal, fruit, cereal, eggs. They made Gluten-free blueberry pancakes and they were really good. I sat with Jules, Tilke, Danielle, and some other people (Sorry! I can't remember). Jules was VERY tired. Like a sleepy zombie tired. It was rather funny watching him try to keep his eyes open. At some point Tilke bumped the table and it moved a bit. Jules was very upset (not really) that Tilke had moved his elbows without his consent and grumbled about it for the rest of the morning. It was hilarious!
Singing.
by Dandy

We all went over to Uncle Dell's for a big group meeting and talked for a bit and hung out. Once we were done talking we walked over to the big fallen tree and took a huge group picture. It was lots of fun to get everyone set up. we took one of just the staff and they made loads of silly faces. Afterward we had a little bit of free time before Advisee meeting to pack. The day was warming up and I was still bundled up from the cold morning, so I walked back to my cabin and changed clothes (I changed back into the clothes that I was wearing when I got to camp.) and packed a bit.  Then we went to the last Advisee meeting. I braided my hair with my feather necklace

We did this thing, where you write your name on a piece of paper and pass it to the next person and then you get a piece of paper from the person next to you. And then you spend a few minutes writing what you like about that person and then pass it to the next person. and by the end everyone has a piece of paper with such nice lovely notes on it that you get to take home a read whenever you want. I just re-read mine and it made me feel so happy *big smile* Reading it instanly brings back all the love you feel while you camp!  I can't wait to see those people again next year!

Right as we were about to finish, Evan's group ran up and asked us if we wanted to help them capture Blake with a parachute. So we all tip-toed/ran to the back of the cabin where Blake's group was, and burst through the door and grabbed Blake and wrapped him up in the parachute. We were all laughing so hard, it was awesome. :)
After meeting I went down to the swings and talked with Matt and Galen for a bit, until I went to finish packing. It was fun to pack with all the other girls in my cabin. I didn't have TOO much to do, cause I tried to keep most of my stuff in my suitcase (though it all needed re-folding ;) ) When the bell rang, I went to Abbi's Yoga workshop and did a lot of stretching! I was still slightly sore from dancing like crazy for several hours at prom (and I was VERY sore the next day). I really like doing Yoga with Abbi. She's fun!

Everyone grouped together in front of the Lodge and we split up into groups to go clean out different parts of camp. The cabins, Uncle Dell's, bathrooms, and other buildings.  My group went to clean out the arts and crafts building which was full of GLITTER! We swept out the cabin and then, awkwardly, moved a table out of the cabin.

the Waterfall.
by Dandy
 We had Pizza that night and it was REALLY good.  I had a hilarious conversation with Ian, and Matthew.
Jake, Galen, Danielle, and I went to walk the Labyrinth after dinner, and for some reason, we all started talking with a British accent. It was so much fun, and it was amazing walking the Labyrinth. Almost magical, if you will. We walked over and listened to the river.(if I had known how loud the river was there, I would have gone over there more often during the week).

We went over to Uncle Dell's and I sat next the Ian, Jake and Danielle, and we talked and danced a little to the music that was playing while we waited for the night meeting to start.

We circled up and did a Spiral dance into Uncle Dell's and we all thanked everyone who helped make camp work this year. The Staff, Greg and Eva for the wonderful food, and everyone for adding a little something to the week. Then a few of the graduating campers gave a speech. Then we lined up with everyone facing someone and went around so that everyone got to hug everyone else. I couldn't actually hug anyone because I was sick, but I just crossed my arms and smiled at people as we went by.  Then we hung out for a bit, and a few people came over and gave me a hug anyway, which was so nice.

Jamming.
By Ellie
Right before we were about to leave, Matthew stood up and asked if his Fairy God Parent would tell them who they were so he could thank them. I jumped up with him and asked who mine was as well. Then I hoped down and Danielle stood up and said that as one last gift to her Fairy god child if everyone would speak with a funny accent to her (me!). I was very surprised and gave her a HUGE hug, and then I spent pretty much the rest of the night talking with my attempted British accent. At one point I had been talking with my fake accent for so long it was hard to stop. I freaked out for a second that I couldn't go back to normal.


I stayed up till 2:00am that night. I spent a long time talking with Matt, and Danielle. I sat by the camp fire for a bit, and played a few board games, before I was so tired Iwas almost falling asleep at the table. I lost my PJs in my suitcase and I was too tired to find them in the dark so I went to sleep in my clothes and I was asleep in less than 30 seconds.
I woke up pretty early the next morning and was one of the few people who looked somewhat rested. First thing I did after checking in on everyone else who stayed up was go to the swings and swing for a bit. Then I went and brought my suitcase and bags out, and ran back over to the swings. Talked and played until I saw Dad walking up and then I ran over and gave him a huge hug. I showed him where my suitcase was, and then we all met up in the Lodge for the goodbye meeting. It was a little sad to be leaving, but I was happy to be going home to see Mom. I gave SO many people huge hugs, and drove off with Dad waving, and yelling Goodbye!

And THAT is (finally)  one of the BEST weeks EVER! I can hardly wait for next year! I hoped you enjoyed my (very late) posts. :) I enjoyed writing them!



~Rhanna

No comments:

Post a Comment