Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Today's Hospital Trip.

Hello Readers. Enjoying your books? :-)

I have just finished reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling. I am now half way through the 2nd book, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
They're very good :) I am enjoying them very much, and I think I will like the movies too. My mom is very excited that I have started reading these. She's a HUGE Harry Potter fan ;-D I guess the next movie is coming out next month, and she wants me finished reading all the Harry Potter books and watch the rest of the movies to we can go to the movies together. I think I can do that. I'm almost reading one book a day. It's almost like the books have a real spell on them that makes to read them very fast! Hahahahaha!

As you see below this post, I am working on the reviews for The Song of the Lioness quartet by Tamora Pierce. It's interesting to think that it was only two months ago I started reading The Protector of the Small quartet, the third series in the Tamora Pierce books.
In those two months I have read: The Protector of the Small quartet, Tricksters (2 books), The Immortals quartet, The Song of the Lioness quartet (all by Tamora Pierce), The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan (It's amazing!), Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling, and I'm almost finished reading What the Victorian's Did for us by Adam Hart-Davis (only a few more pages left!!) and some Norse mythology.

I've asked Mom to upload The Iliad, The Odyssey, and Ovid's Metamorphous onto her Kindle, which she lets me use. I'm VERY excited to read all that. :D It will help me to learn about minor Greek gods, and some other unknown myths, which I just LOVE! Very exciting! :) I've been trying to read the Grimm's fairy tales, but somehow all these fantasy books keep overruling them. . . ;) Heehee

So today we had to go to my little brother, Emrys' hospital appointment today in San Francisco. Have I ever mentioned that I HATE hospitals?? Yes, I do not like them AT all! The whole system is totally messed up! Great Gaia it was annoying. We sat in the waiting room for over an hour and a half! Grr!
So anyway, Emrys had another seizure the other night. It was quite scary. But this trip was just a check up. It takes us about two hours to get to San Fran from where we live. So this morning we all packed up in the car and we got out around 10:00 AM. It didn't really seem like a long drive to me, because I was so immersed in my book I didn't even really hear mom and dad talking right next to me. Hahaha! When we got to the hospital we found parking easy (thanks great god of parking!) and got into the waiting room around 11:30. We made killer time on the drive! We didn't end up waiting very long in the first waiting room. a nurse called us in weighed and measured Emrys and then we went into the doctor's office at about 11:50. Then we sat, waited, fed the little ones apples, sat some more for like an hour! we were just about to leave when, finally! a nurse came in. Sadly she didn't know anything about why we were there. We answered a few questions and then she left. Then we sat and waited in that same. . .small. . .blank room for another 45 minutes. Right as we were going to leave again the doctor came in (They seem to know right when you are going to leave on them and then come in and make you stay longer. Is it some sort of scheme to pay them more or is it a test to see how long you can be bored before you start screaming with boredom? The more the patients suffer the more money the doctors and nurses make? Sounds cruel but I'm willing to believe it in this world. :P Grr!), and talked to mom and dad, but i plugged into my book and didn't hear much of what he said. ;D Hahaha! But then we lugged our tired, hungry selves down to the nearest Startbucks at around 3:00 and we all got coffee and snacks which were sorely needed. After a few wrong turns (Holy Hecate San Fran is easy to get lost in!) we got onto the highway and we were free of that awful hospital!

We stopped at a JoAnn's (Fabric Store!!! Woop!) to walk for a bit. Golly it feels nice to walk and feel the blood go to your legs after a while. ;) Turns out that this is the store that Mom has needed to get fabric for her dolls! Yay! And we bought the little ones some cute Halloween prezzies. Emrys got a flashlight that has little Halloween covers so when it shines through pumpkins and ghosts come up on the wall. Gwynnie got a C.U.T.E witch's hat that she seems to like. and Thane got a pumpkin flashlight too.

We next stopped at a BBQ place for dinner, but something is the BBQ sauce had wheat in it I know, because it made me feel yucky, so I didn't eat much. (I had a pancake and a half, the last of the jerky and some chips once we got home ;D Haha!) But Then Emrys' flashlight broke so Dad had to go find another one at Target, and with my-always-have-everything-you'll-ever-need-in-it purse I pulled out scissors to cut the flashlight out of the package and I just happened to have tape to attach the pumpkin cover onto the new flashlight. I felt very proud that me and my purse were needed so badly ;) Mwhaha! I got another chance to pull something out when mom thought dad was about to change lanes into another car. I gave her Rescue Remedy.

Now everyone is completely asleep except me, because I'm writing this, obviously. ;) I'm so glad that today it over and that we didn't stay at a hotel. Holy Hypnos are we all exhausted after today. Mom and Dad are very mad about how long we had to wait, and our next appointment is with a totally new doctor who won't know anything about Emrys which is a pain trying to retell our story to every time we go there a meet a new doctor. So We're not going to go to that hospital anymore. We want to find a doctor, for when Emrys might have another seizure that's closer by. I hope that we can find one.

Great Muses it feels good to write today out. I'll prob print this out and put it in my diary, but I want to try to really write today down with some more personal thought down. I like to write by hand, and I don’t want to get out of practice by writing on the computer all the time. I'll prob do it tomorrow. Thanks for listening to my day. there's totally a difference in writing in your diary and writing on a blog where lots of people read it. sometime's it feels good to have other people read your writing.

I'm off to go sleep. Tomorrow I'll finished Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, What the Victorians did for us, and the article about chocolate in mom's magazine. ;)

Good night everyone from here!

~Rhanna~

2 comments:

  1. Lots to comment on here:

    Lovely to see you here. And I'm so glad you are finding and making a place to be witnessed. And sharing your voice.

    Sorry about all the suck-ness yesterday.

    Yeah for fabric stores! We have one of those little flashlights as well and it broke too. Very. Sad. Time. :-)

    Yeah for Harry Potter! It'll be a long time till Lev is ready for them and it is a bit hard to wait for but it'll be fun to do it all over again when he is ready (probably about your age or even older, I suspect, he's very sensitive to stuff like that).

    It makes me feel relieved to hear how much and fast you read because sometimes people think it's odd how Lev reads so much and so fast. It's astonishing in comparison to standards so it's always good to hear when others have the same experience.

    Love the purse story! It reminds me of your mom and I in high school with our little bits and bobs of everything. Very Prepared! Excellent! We always had little scissors. Mostly we used them for clipping off our split ends during boring classes though. We sure could have used some Rescue Remedy then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Claire! Thanks! I'm glad that you like my posts. It's so nice to write on here! :-)It's a good way for us, and few other friends, to keep in touch. Yay!

    You like Harry Potter too? Sweet! Who is your fave person? I like Ron a lot! and everyone else too of course. but Hagrid is the BEST! ;-D I'm starting #3 today.

    That's cool Lev reads a lot too. What does he like to read?
    Mom thinks I'm weird because I am super excited about reading these two books (http://www.amazon.com/Isambard-Kingdom-Brunel-L-T-C-Rolt/dp/0140117520/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287726883&sr=8-2-fkmr0
    And
    http://www.amazon.com/Great-Exhibition-1851-Nation-Display/dp/0300080077/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1287774008&sr=1-1) .
    I finished reading 'What the Victorians did for Us' by Adam Hart-Davis last night. WONDERFUL book! And at the end it has a list of other books that have more detail in some of the subjects he talked about in his book. These are two of the books I think looked cool :)

    Omg That's a hilarious story! Hahaha! I really like being prepared like Nancy Drew, it feel like a smug cat when I can pull out totally random objects out of my purse! Hahahahaha!!

    It's nice to hear from you! It's cool when I see i have a comment on my post. Heehee!
    Hope you're well! give everyone a hug for me!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete