Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Princess, The Crone, and the Dung-Cart Knight by Gerald Morris.

In which Sarah, a young girl looking for the murderer who killed both her mother and her guardian, meets Sir Kai (who teaches her swordplay) and a lovely lady. When Sarah sees Kai and the lady,who turns out to be Queen Guinevere, being kidnapped she goes to get help. She tells King Arthur the bad news. The King sends Gawain, Terence, and Sarah out to go save the Queen and knight. After many adventures, persistent holy-salesmen, knights incognito, mysterious crones and cheerful faeries they get to a magical realm where wounds never heal. They meet a King with no more brains than a goldfish, and a smart princess, and then an evil knight plans to force Guinevere to marry him. Can he be stopped?


I know what you're thinking "Dung-cart knight?!" but have no fears he's only being practical. I think this was my favorite book of the series (although it's very hard because I have SOOO many favorite books). I loved Sarah who is very stubborn and spunky. It was so fun to again meet Piers, Ariel, Terence, and Gawain. The evil knight is called Sir (if you can call him Sir) Meliagant. when I read these to my brother we called in Sir Smellygant. To get into the realm of Meliagant, Sarah and the dung-cart knight (and no, I am not telling you who he is) cross a cool bridge.


This is in the Squire's Tales series.


Recommend for people who like: Spunky girls, fake holy-men, cool crones, and magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment