Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Immortal Fire by Anne Ursu


In which Charlotte is recovering from being battered by Poseidon, and watching the news reports about how Greece is having major storms, hurricanes, weird winds, and rainbows. Mr. Metos (Charlotte and Zee's old English teacher) comes and they tell him all about their ocean adventure. But when a Chimera comes, burns down the school and carries Charlotte away, Zee knows that the Gods are not happy. Mr. Metos takes them to a secret place in London to try to protect them. After saving a boy, finding The Flame, going to Olympus, having weird life-like dreams that are really tests, seeing all the Olympians and meeting the all-mighty Zeus, can they save the world and everybody on it?

My dad gave this book to me as a surprise one day. I was so excited that I almost jumped out of the car! I thought it was very exciting and thought Charlotte and Zee were very brave...again. I felt bad for Charlotte's parents, because they think the their daughter is going crazy. But I LOVED the chapter called "And Now Presenting Zeus on High Father of Gods and Men and Lots of Other Stuff Too." I like to read the Greek section of my big mythology book, so I know all these stories by heart. You might say that I'm a Greek freak. Hee hee. There is definitely a lot of adventure, drama, and suspense. I hope you like the ending of this series as much as I did.

This is in the Cronus Chronicles series.

Recommended for people who like: Goddesses incognito, adventure, and also for people who hate Philonecron (like me).

No comments:

Post a Comment