Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Chimera's Curse by Julia Golding



In which Connie tries to stop her friends from finding a terrible creature, a crazed chimera who argues with itself for all eternity, and ends up being attacked herself. On the verge of death she is saved by Windfoal the Unicorn.When she goes and talks with the Trustees they start to wonder if the chimera has been sent by Kullervo. The Trustees tell her not to prepare for Kullervo's next attack but she does it anyway, causing everybody to get mad. When Col goes missing Connie and Rat go to find him but when the Chimera attacks will Connie escape? Will Kullervo take over Connie's mind and will all humans be destroyed?

This book is SOOOO exciting!.......That's all I have to say. Have fun reading!......No I'm kidding. It is very exciting and worrying, and you feel feeling bad for Connie. She is trying to learn to be a Universal but some in the Society are worried that she will become too powerful. There is one scene with Col and Skylark that my brother and I loved. There is a very big surprise (or should I say surprises) that happens at the end making you reread the sentences again and again (I love when writing can be shocking like that). Golding writes a great ending to the series and I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I did :)

This is in the Companions Quartet.

Recommended for people who like: adventure, excitement, and a very cool, exciting (I said that before didn't I?) and happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment