Thursday, May 14, 2009

Eleanor: Crown Jewel of Aquitaine by Kristiana Gregory


In which Eleanor, the daughter of a duke, lives peacefully with her sister and grandmother. She is 14 and just wants to have fun with her younger sister Petra. But when her father goes on a religious trip and does not come back she must marry the young prince of France, Louis. After the wedding she learns that her father-in-law has died from illness and now she is the 15 year old queen!

This book is written like it is Eleanor's real diary and it is fun to see the days, months, and sometimes even years go by. I would like to say that Eleanor of Aquitaine is my 27th great-grandmother, which made the book even more fun to read.

This is in the Royal Diaries series.

Recommended for: anyone who likes historical fiction!

1 comment:

  1. I own this book as well..I liked reading it, because Eleanor is my favorite historical person..Good to see that you like your history

    ReplyDelete