Sunday, April 26, 2009

Doomed Queen Anne by Carolyn Meyer



In which Anne Boleyn catches the eye of King Henry VIII (not necessarily a good thing!) In this book we follow Anne from her teenage years through her flirtatious years at court, to marrying the King and becoming Queen of England, to losing her head. Dang, what a life!

I have mixed feelings about Anne Boleyn; one part of me thinks, "Poor Anne" while another part of me thinks "What a sneaky little brat!" She didn't originally set out to become Queen, but she was selfish and greedy, so once she met Henry, it easily became her goal. When she gave birth to a daughter instead of a son (what a failure!) she became frantic to have a son and ended up going a little cuckoo. I really enjoyed this story about Queen Elizabeth's mother, and I bet you will too.

This is in the Young Royals series.


Recommended for: people who like large plots, scheming women, and stories of crazy families.


No comments:

Post a Comment